“Food & Feed” community
Produce better to consume better
The “Food & Feed” community mobilises the agri-food industry around a priority: to develop biomass for a safe, healthy and sustainable food.
The growing need for food on a global scale and consumers’ demand for quality are leading the agri-food chain to optimize resources, diversify products and reassess production methods. For the members of Bioeconomy For Change, the priority is to produce better to consume better.
B4C accompanies a multitude of organizations – producers, processors, innovators, citizens – who are inventing other means of production by consuming fewer resources and preferring resilient and sustainable systems.
B4C has created a unique ecosystem around cooperatives, industries, engineering and R&D laboratories, research and educational institutions.
Change through the bioeconomy in pictures
The “Food & Feed” community’s exclusivities
- Animating a community of more than 200 members, of all sizes and spread over the entire value chain
- Mobilizing expertise on topics of interest such as precision fermentation, alternative proteins, animal nutrition, dietary fibers and bioactive ingredients
- Transversal applications of Food & Feed with other communities: bio-based food packaging, valorization of non-food biomass fractions into high value-added molecules or bioenergy
- Defining a roadmap and action plan around its strategic axes
- Intensification of upstream-downstream networking
- Strengthening of industrial transfer arrangements
- Organisation of technical days, work groups, webinars, site visits, etc.
- Support for projects from the set-up stage to certification
- Highlighting the players of tomorrow and new solutions
Our “Food & Feed” members
Open Innovation Sc & Tech. Manager at ROQUETTE
Protéines France: developing plant proteins and new resources
Coordinated and run by B4C, the French consortium of industrial companies and cooperatives currently gathers 39 players involved in the development of plant proteins and new resources, from start-ups to large groups, as well as technical institutes and professional organizations. The ambition? To make France a world leader in the sector. To accelerate the structuration of these sectors, Protéines France coordinates the ProteiNEW project, in partnership with Terres Univia and Terres Inovia.